TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our shared rights and responsibilities when doing business together.
Who are you dealing with?
www.lugendo.com is 100% owned by Simba Travelcare Limited
Registration Number: 70742
- Declan Peppard: Managing Director
- Patrick Bitature: Director
- Carol Bitature: Director
- Erik Vanveen: Director
Are we legal?
Yes, we are a registered company and comply with all regulations as determined by the following bodies and Acts:
- The Companies Act of Uganda
- IATA (International Air Transport Association)
- TUGATA (Association of Uganda Travel Agents)
- Employment Act
We commit to complying with all current and future Acts and Laws to ensure we maintain business practices that are ethical, honest and transparent.
What do we do?
We are an Online Travel Agent (a go-between) facilitating transactions between you and Travel Service Providers (TSP), such as:
What are our responsibilities?
- To ascertain your travel needs and to offer professional advice accordingly.
- To inform you of the trading conditions, as known to us, of a TSP.
- To comply with deadlines and other criteria as laid down by a TSP.
- To the best of our ability to introduce you to a TSP which we have found to be:
- of good financial standing
- a provider of quality products or services
- sharing in our ethos of service excellence
- To advise you of required travel documentation and the validity thereof.
- To ensure accurate and timeous issuance and delivery of travel documentation.
- To be available for advice before, during and after travel has commenced.
- Subject to statutory constraints or compliance with an order of court, we undertake to deal with all your information on a strictly confidential basis.
What are your responsibilities?
- To clearly state your travel requirements and ensure they are understood.
- To provide accurate information at all times, especially with regards to:
- the spelling of travellers names as per passport or ID document
- contact details, such as telephone, email and home address
- To check all details on quotes and confirmations and to confirm these are correct before travel documents are issued.
- To ensure that you are familiar with the terms and conditions of each TSP.
- If you are acting on behalf of other travellers, you are responsible to ensure they understand and accept the contents of this document.
- To understand and accept that products presented in the media, in brochures and/or the internet may differ from reality.
- To be aware that there are many links on a website and to be sure that you are on your website of choice when concluding your transaction online.
- To advise us of any special needs at the time of the booking and to understand that despite our best endeavours these requests may or may not be fulfilled by the TSP.
- To ensure that all personal travel documents are valid, such as passports, health certificates international driver’s license, visa(s), travel insurance etc.
- To present a valid form of payment timeously. Late or invalid payments may result in the cancellation of your reservation and you may incur financial penalties.
Documentation will only be issued once full payment has been received and cleared by our bankers.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- All major credit cards – accompanied by identification and a signed credit card authorisation form
- Direct deposit – cash only
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- We pay your money to the TSP from whom refunds must be claimed.
- We will facilitate the refund process.
- Monies will be refunded in accordance with the TSP’s policy which may include cancellation fees, administration fees or denial of application.
- We may apply reasonable administration fees as well as retaining any service fees levied by us at the time of the booking.
- Refunds may take up to eight weeks and in exceptional cases, even longer.
If you wish to change or cancel any part of your booking, a www.lugendo.com administration fee will apply.
What can you do to make the most of your trip?
- Take out Travel Insurance, which is highly recommended – ask your consultant for guidance.
- Make sure all your travel documentation is in order before departure.
- Reconfirm all your flights three days before departure.
- Make the TSP immediately aware of any issues and give them an opportunity to rectify the situation. Successful disputes depend on this.
- Be tolerant of events beyond your, or our control which may cause flight delays/cancellations etc. Although these may cause anxiety, the TSP’s have procedures in place to deal with such situations and this may include compensation in one form or another.
- Please note that a visa does not guarantee entry into any given country.
- This agreement is governed by Ugandan Law.
- The Parties consent to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Magistrate’s Court with regard to any action based on these Terms and Conditions.
- This document reflects the only agreement between you and www.lugendo.com .
- You are contracted to the TSP independent of www.lugendo.com .
- You will be liable for all legal fees or an attorney and own client scale in the event that www.lugendo.com has to engage a lawyer to enforce or defend any of its rights.
Remember that we act as an Agent between you and the TSP, therefore:
- You are responsible for understanding and accepting the trading conditions of each TSP.
- You should request these from our consultant.
- The Trading Conditions of the TSP is the sole contract governing your transaction and will be referred to in times of dispute.
- We will facilitate your valid claim against a TSP.
- We accept limited liability for proven negligence on our part which may have led you to suffer a financial loss.
- We do not accept liability for any actions, errors or omissions of the TSP and their agents, which may result in a loss of any form, including personal harm.
- We do not accept liability for the consequences of actions beyond our control such as late or non-issuance of visas, passports or any other travel documentation, Acts of God etc
Should you feel that we have not lived up to your expectations in this regard and/or you need further clarification on our Terms and Conditions.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: +256 (0)701 030 003